My DuraCoat Project

bigbearhunter

Here is a T/C Encore I just finished with DuraCoat What do you think????

DSC_0072.JPG

[image]http://
scan0004.jpg
[/image] Hey BB, just finished one for my friend myselr , mine is not as pretty as yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif , He just wanted matte black. Sure sprayed good , sorry my pic is pitiful , one day I'm gonna get a digital ( yeah right , me and you both , eh ? Abinok ). Anyway , wood stock ,so far so good , we'll see .
Jim

Yep... one day....
That duracoat is good stuff. My gunsmith here in OKC makes camoflage art with the stuff. you guys can see an example... when I get that digital... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks good BigBear!

Pics of the Encore completed and a ruger stock that I did, i'm not fond of the ruger but that is how he wanted the stripes. each to his own

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

bigbearhunter,
I like what I see. Looks like you're doing pretty good work.

I'm about to start a wintertime project using duracoat. I am at square one, i.e., no tools on hand. Am thinking of buying the duracoat starter kit from Midway/Brownells or whoever.

Is that what I want or do I want a "better" setup.

I'm gonna end up with zebra stripes if it kills me. I've been doing some personal studies and zebra stripes have gotta be the cat's meow for winter camo or anything else for that matter.......

Roy, I can get you all the stuff you need, I'm a dura coat dealer and I'll do it for just over cost. I personally use a special airbrush and compressor that setup cost me about $250 but it is worth it. I can do splatter with my brush where some can't. I can get you all the colors and any of the camo paterns you wan't just let me know.
Todd
[email protected]

Is it necessary to take the rifle apart to paint it, or can you just tape the action and lenses? I just had my rifle bedded and would hate to take it apart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.