My AR-15 Build

bravo4hunter

I thought I would share my AR-15 build with you all.

Custom lower reciever made by a company here in Alaska.
Yankee hill diamond spectre XL upper reciever.
ACE Socom 2 butt stock.
Hydrolic buffer.
Timney single stage 3 pound trigger
Burris 1x4x40 AR specific scope with reflex sight on top.

I ordered it piece by piece while I was in Afghanistan and just got done putting it together. broke in the barrel the other day and it is awsome. I hope you all like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 126
How do you like the Timney? I'm a Geissele fan, but I've been thinking about trying one, as they're supposed to be more "rifle like" feeling. (still can't get used to 2 stage triggers)

Hey, how light is that fore end? How is the optics working for you?
Nice build! Caliber? What's the haji on the mag-well say?

The fore end is pretty light not the lightest but I was not to concerned with that. It is 5.56 mm 1and 7 twist. The scope is currently for sale on the optics part of this forum. I like it I just want something with a regular mill dot reticle that I can collect dope on Because I think with the right reloads I can push this rifle quite a bit past 600. call me crazy most people do but it can be done. the haji wrighting is actully greek and it stands for "come and take it"

after I wrote,"haji", did notice that it wasn't arabic looking, I like it! 600, why not? Used to qualify on the KD range at 500m with A2s and irons. was talking to a buddy working a school down in Little Rock saying that the little 62 grainers don't shoot past 700 very well, and start tumbling.

Sorry, wont be buying optics very soon, just got my Trijicon ACOG H G. Set me back a little.

I've been using a lot of RamShot X-terminator, and tried some of their TAC. I like them both, they burn so clean in the AR's the residue wipes off, and doesn't seem to crystalize like the other stuff. Behind 77gr SMKs the X-terminator seemed more accurate. It was hard to tell, I know both loads shoot better than I can, and I was using irons.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.