My 338 lapua build

Tagging in. Looks like a sweet build!

You are gonna love those Berger 300's. They hit like sledge hammers.

You may want to consider the 250s. They shoot much better out of both my edge and my lapua. Something else I found was that the speed difference between the two equated to about 100" less elevation at 1400 yards in the 250s favor.

You may want to consider the 250s. They shoot much better out of both my edge and my lapua. Something else I found was that the speed difference between the two equated to about 100" less elevation at 1400 yards in the 250s favor.
Interesting may have to load some up I have a box.

I'm a 300gr kinda guy and my Edges have all loved the 300 SMK but if a gun likes the 250s there are a few things to like about them. The recoil and brass life will both be better. I have run a lot of numbers and never seemed to see the 250 beating the 300 in the WIND so I have never tried it. Where I am drop means nothing and the wind is everything.

I'm up to try whatever. The reamer being used is designed for the 300 grain Berger.

My 338 rum is also set up for the 300 and the 250 has such a short bearing surface that it only seats into the neck of the case about an eighth inch with a .010 jump. If I want to seat the 250 so it seats entirely into the neck I have something like a .19" jump to the lands.

You only need enough bullet in the neck to keep it from falling out. I typically like to have the pressure ring about the halfway mark from the shoulder junction to the mouth.

I don't have it in my possession yet, but wanted to share the finished product! I can't say enough about Cloud Peak Gunworks (Trevor). I am super excited to get this rifle! From the picture alone, OUTSTANDING!

15 lbs on the dot. 52 3/8" long.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 138
I don't have it in my possession yet, but wanted to share the finished product! I can't say enough about Cloud Peak Gunworks (Trevor). I am super excited to get this rifle! From the picture alone, OUTSTANDING!

15 lbs on the dot. 52 3/8" long.

That is one badass looking gun!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.