my 14 year old double lungs a 100 yard archery buck!

bluedog69

I have to admit I am a very proud dad. Coached football for 18 years, and did my best to coach LIFE as much as football.
Now I am just "coaching" my boys, 12 and 14 yrs old, in archery and still teaching math. In the video below at about the 3:28 mark I can tell Tackett is about to get choked up describing what happened. For parents who have watched their kids achieve things they thought weren't possible you will understand how
emotional moments like this can be. We all had tears flowing when the dust settled.
Tackett and Wyatt had just gained a crowd of fans that were rooting for the 2 kids shooting among the men. They both made it 70 yards
and had Wyatt remembered to cut 1.5 yards off his sight tape due to new arrows he would have made it to 80.(he just clipped steel at top of foam insert)
Tackett made it in at 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100....no busted arrow.(if you hit the steel you are out)

Funny how some very small things can completely change your course in life. About 16 months ago Tackett bought this used
Mathews Vertix off of facebook. We met the guy at a Quicktrip. He also had a slider sight which was an HHA Optimizer. I figured it was
a "gimicky" sight but Tackett wanted to buy it too, so I said it's your money. A few days later we were standing in a bean stubble field making
marks on a blank white sight tape. Tackett walked it back from 20 to 90 yards on a small block target. That's when I knew I had to try to get
these boys into some 3D shooting.
Long story short a used HHA Optimizer opened my eyes to a gift Tackett and Wyatt have. Had we just kept shooting 20-40 pin sights, and not bought the
HHA slider,(we all three have HHA Tetra's now) I would have never known how Tackett(and Wyatt) could hold tight groups out to 90 yards.
Pay it forward and take some kids to an R100. Very laid back fun shoot. Probably the only elephant, giraffe, rhino, and cape buffalo most of us will ever shoot.

I am a blessed man.
Enjoy.

I have to admit I am a very proud dad. Coached football for 18 years, and did my best to coach LIFE as much as football.
Now I am just "coaching" my boys, 12 and 14 yrs old, in archery and still teaching math. In the video below at about the 3:28 mark I can tell Tackett is about to get choked up describing what happened. For parents who have watched their kids achieve things they thought weren't possible you will understand how
emotional moments like this can be. We all had tears flowing when the dust settled.
Tackett and Wyatt had just gained a crowd of fans that were rooting for the 2 kids shooting among the men. They both made it 70 yards
and had Wyatt remembered to cut 1.5 yards off his sight tape due to new arrows he would have made it to 80.(he just clipped steel at top of foam insert)
Tackett made it in at 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100....no busted arrow.(if you hit the steel you are out)

Funny how some very small things can completely change your course in life. About 16 months ago Tackett bought this used
Mathews Vertix off of facebook. We met the guy at a Quicktrip. He also had a slider sight which was an HHA Optimizer. I figured it was
a "gimicky" sight but Tackett wanted to buy it too, so I said it's your money. A few days later we were standing in a bean stubble field making
marks on a blank white sight tape. Tackett walked it back from 20 to 90 yards on a small block target. That's when I knew I had to try to get
Long story short a used HHA Optimizer opened my eyes to a gift Tackett and Wyatt have. Had we just kept shooting 20-40 pin sights, and not bought the
HHA slider,(we all three have HHA Tetra's now) I would have never known how Tackett(and Wyatt) could hold tight groups out to 90 yards.
Pay it forward and take some kids to an R100. Very laid back fun shoot. Probably the only elephant, giraffe, rhino, and cape buffalo most of us will ever shoot.

I am a blessed man.
Enjoy.

And I thought I was doing good with a IQ sight at 60 yards. lol Them boys are smoking. Hope they stick with it. Wait till deer season. They should fill the freezer if they don't get the fever.

A shout out to Tackett and Wyatt. You boys rock. Proud of you too, and of your dad. You don't need to win to be great men, but it shows you got dedication and heart...and what really makes you men is knowing how to win and lose humbly and graciously. You nailed it. There's a lot of things you could be doing with your life at your age. This is so much more rewarding than wasting your life on what a lot of kids are up to. Being above average means not doing just what average people do. 😎👍

I am a blessed man.
Enjoy.

Just curious but what poundage are each of these fellas shooting ? Don't feel bad about thinking the sight was a gimmick. I kinda thought the same thing. I also was worried about taking so long to get it sighted in. Which is why I went with the IQ sight. Which does work. But it does take some playing with also. And it is HEAVY for a bow. Now I wish I had went with the slider tape after seeing these fellas shoot with it. I may just see if I can find one to replace the IQ. I want something lighter for hunting.

Just curious but what poundage are each of these fellas shooting ? Don't feel bad about thinking the sight was a gimmick. I kinda thought the same thing. I also was worried about taking so long to get it sighted in. Which is why I went with the IQ sight. Which does work. But it does take some playing with also. And it is HEAVY for a bow. Now I wish I had went with the slider tape after seeing these fellas shoot with it. I may just see if I can find one to replace the IQ. I want something lighter for hunting.
Wyatt is shooting 55lbs now. Tackett has been on 65 lbs with his Vertix since last summer.
These slider sights (HHA TETRAs) are awesomely fun. Like dialing on a rifle. Range it… 73.6 yards…. Dial it…. Then shoot it! Plus it gives you practice with a purpose. Shooting 20 - 90 is what we did a lot of to make sure our DOPE was accurate before we matched it up with a sight tape.