Muzzle breaks / are all equal

Thanks for all the feed back and info.

I'm sure that we wouldn't be fortunate enough that all Brake manufacturers use the same thread size so a guy could exchange and try different breaks if he didn't like it???

Thanks for all the feed back and info.

I'm sure that we wouldn't be fortunate enough that all Brake manufacturers use the same thread size so a guy could exchange and try different breaks if he didn't like it???

US standard for 223 is 1/2x28,
243/260/308= 5/8"-24
bigger than 308,IE 338 = 3/4-20 or 3/4-24

but if your "gunsmith" didn't stick with the standards, then you are SOL

I put a Ross Schuler brake on my 300wsm about 2 months ago. I would never target shoot with it because of recoil, after about 10rds I was done. My last 3 visits to range I have probably shot 150rds through that rifle, my last 5 shot group was .673 at 100yds (still room for improvement). The brake has made my rifle enjoyable and more accurate. When I called him, he was very helpful and you cant beat his price.

Good luck!

AZShooter, yes the Vias brake is quieter than the other one. If we want to get right down to it I suppose you should never shoot any rifle without hearing protection. I have never worn hearing protection while hunting and probably never will. I like my senses unobstructed. Just the way I am. To answer another comment ; yes dirt will definitely fly all over if you are shooting prone. Not a problem if not prone.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.