Muzzle Brakes- What works?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by BountyHunter, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

AccurateShooter.com Daily Bulletin

Interesting article on testing of muzzle brakes and what works and not and maybe why.

Obviously not all brakes were tested but quite interesting never the less.

BH

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Very interesting and well written. In his opinion the best brake is made by Darrell Holland, our newest Sponsor:

"Darrel Holland's Ultra brake is IMO the most effective brake on the market. It does everything right!"

Holland Shooter Supply

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I checked Holland's web site to take a look at his "Ultra Brake" but couldn't find it. The only brake that I saw was the "Qick Discharge' (QD) brake which has been available for many years.

??????????????????????????????

4. FullCurlHunter

FullCurlHunter Well-Known Member

Put an accubrake (weatherby's muzzlebrake) on my wby mk v ultra lightweight in 300 wby mag and the recoil is like a 243. I shot it without the brake and what an unbelievable difference. I dont notice the noise but those next to me at the range notice it's bark....

5. Sogman

Sogman New Member

30-06 Imp. loads

I found a good deal on H-414, which is great for 30-06. Since I have a Mauser 98 in 30-06 Ackley. I would like to know if you folks have any really good loads for the 30-06 Imp. using H414. In any bullet weight.

Merry Christmas

Sogman

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007