Muzzle brake question

Have you seen any difference in muzzle velocity?
Are you referring to the Youtube Video where the guy lost 100 fps after installing the Witt Brake? I can't figure out why he lost muzzle velocity. If anything I would have thought you would gain a little velocity due to the slight barrel restriction from clamping and squeezing the barrel. It would still be worth the velocity loss compared to how much the recoil was reduced. But like Ed said, there shouldn't be any loss unless its magnaported.

HTML:
Are you referring to the Youtube Video where the guy lost 100 fps after installing the Witt Brake? I can't figure out why he lost muzzle velocity. If anything I would have thought you would gain a little velocity due to the slight barrel restriction from clamping and squeezing the barrel. It would still be worth the velocity loss compared to how much the recoil was reduced. But like Ed said, there shouldn't be any loss unless its magnaported.
I can't see any way possible for a muzzle brake to cause a loss in velocity unless it was improperly made/mounted and the bullet was striking it.

With a clamp on brake I'm with you, if anything I would expect to see a slight constriction at the muzzle which would produce higher pressures and as such higher velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.