muzzle brake .223??

stvnbrg

Im wondering about the gains in muzzle jump reduction. I want to take my .223 to some matched this year and My research has told me that larger calibers benefit more than small calibers from brakes. is it worth putting a brake on or are the gains very minimal?

Im wondering about the gains in muzzle jump reduction. I want to take my .223 to some matched this year and My research has told me that larger calibers benefit more than small calibers from brakes. is it worth putting a brake on or are the gains very minimal?

If your rig is already threaded for a muzzle brake, cost is minimal; i.e., my wife's RRA came with a RRA Tactical Muzzle Brake. It's OK, not that muzzle rise or recoil is an issue but I wanted to try the RRA Operator Muzzle Brake for $35 (just ordered it today). Having said that it's worth it for me.

brks14_zpse7978a93.gif

If it's not already threaded, the cost is more; expect ~$100 threading and installation plus the cost of the muzzle brake ... and there's plenty of good ones out there. Riley just provided you with one of them.

It boils down to personal preference regardless of gain or cost as you have the ultimate decision.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.