Mule deer far and near...

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Well the season is over and had some up's and down's but overall it was up. The furthest shot was at a mule deer doe at 425 yards. One shot and she took a dirt nap. I didn't use turrets just lot's of practice before the hunt gave me a pretty good idea where that bullet was going to go. Sorry no photos, but I rarely photograph does as we get a whole pile of doe tags here and one doe pretty much looks like another. The buck surprisingly was much closer, as in, about 30 yards or less. Again no turrets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

One 165gr. Hornady Interbond through the heart and he was singing with the angels. Not my biggest, but not a bad buck. He was especially good considering the season was running out fast and it was pretty much crunch time. Hope you all had a good season.
MuledeerTroyLargeB_original.jpg

Troy,
That is a fine image, well done. Nice buck too. No young-uns in the picture!!! Your kidlet will be upset if you went out and got that buck without her along!

Ian,
You got that right I've been in the doghouse ever since I got home. She made me promise to take her next year. I missed having my son along on that hunt as well. I have a year to repent and make plans to take the kids next fall.

Like your buck. Mulies are sort of like blonds, always catch my eye. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well setup photo. And nice buck. That 425 kill must be your new personal best? Way to go.

Len,
Last year's whitetail buck was 423 if I remember right, so you may be right this year's doe is likely my best at a lasered range anyway. I may have made further shots before, but without a laser rangefinder it tain't nuttin but guessing or lying, depending on who is telling the story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beautiful buck and an awesome photo as well. It is nice to see others take the time to take some quality photos of a quality critter.

Notice how the horns are skylined, there is very little blood, his tounge is not hanging down, the hunter and deer are filling the bulk of the picture, the light is right, there are no shadows in annoynig places and his body and head are all positioned nicely and to the point that you can see every point on that beautiful speciman!

The only thing a guy could have done better was to pull out what little grass there is infront of the deer's face as well as the use of the flash for complete light fill under the ball cap. I know I know, that is all very nit picky...

Great job, keep taking nice photos.

[ QUOTE ]
Big Sky,
All has been said, congratulations!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

++1 VERY NICE.

sounds like you might have shot the buck in self defense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.