MRX

GUNLUVR

Are The Barnes Mrx Bullets Better Than The Competition! I Have Talked To A Few People And They Are Leaning To The Mrx. Is It Fact Or Fiction.

i'm a big Barnes fan,so i'd say yes. a good friend asked me about a elk bullet ,he doen't reload or shoot a lot buts a great hunter,i semi-guided him elk hunting this fall and every thing came down to the wire so fast i couldn't reload for the hunt,so he asked me whats a bullet that will not FAIL? i said barnes would be my# 1 pick, so off to the store we went, they were sold out of fed preium 180 tsx for 300 win-mag, and all that was left was 180's in the MRX, so he bought two boxs (pricey!!!) and went to the rifle range i belong to. shot em at 50 yds, then 100, then 300, then 400, 500, and maxed out at 625. they shot great out of this older mod. 10 savage 300 win-mag. dug out some bullets at various ranges and they held up great. sorry 4 long post...... went hunting and he ended up getting a very nice 5x5 bull ,one shot drt,205 yds. will the mrx stick around your guess is as good as mine but its a heck of a great bullet 4 sure . all the hype about the e- bullet and no posts, pixs whats up with that???. way 2 many barnes bashers out there , i'm NOTbuying into that bs. regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.