MRP vs MRP-2

HOBO270

Can anyone tell me what the major difference is between these two powders? I'm thinking MRP=RL22 and MRP-2=RL25. Or something close to that. I have a 257 Weatherby that I load, and the other day I got a can of Norma MRP-2, but there is just not much data on it. From what I have found so far, it looks like I can load 69 gr. MRP-2 and 115 TSX and be fine. Does anyone have any data for this powder and caliber or know a good place to look? I would greatly appreciate it.

i have had real good results in my 6.5-284 with mrp-2. in the norma manual the max for 117 is 75.2 for mrp-2 and 69.8 for mrp.

Compare exactly to RL-22 and RL-25. You will be right on the money.

Norma powders tend to be less temp sensitive and more uniform lot to lot.

MRP has been a well kept secret powder for the WSM (210s at 2950-3050 fps) with longer barrels.

MRP2 works great in the 338 Lapua and AI version

BH

Looks like I should have got MRP instead of MRP-2. I've been trying to find a good powder for my 100 TTSX. RL22 no good so far. IMR7828 gave me 3650 fps. and Accuracy was about 1.75". Guess I'll keep tweaking on that to see what it will do.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.