Mounting my own Scope

RugerHawg413

I have always had a gunsmith mount my scopes, but my gunsmith passed away. So, I decided to do it on my own. I did my research and bought good scope mounts, rings, and scopes. I degreased (using 91% rubbing alcohol) the scope mount, scope rings, and all of the screws. I torqued all the screws (using a torque wrench) to the in/lbs that the manufactuer said to. I put blue loctite on the scope base screws only and put some FrogLube on in between the scope base and the rifle. I loved to hear all thoughts and just wanted to know if I did a good job. Thanks and God Bless!

Frog lube between the base and the rifle? Why? Personally I bed my scope bases with 2-part epoxy and a release agent but that's for harmonic consistency and keeping any gaps from corroding. No criticisms so far, just curiosity. You ought to take that as a compliment.

Frog lube between the base and the rifle? Why? Personally I bed my scope bases with 2-part epoxy and a release agent but that's for harmonic consistency and keeping any gaps from corroding. No criticisms so far, just curiosity. You ought to take that as a compliment.
I read to use oil in between the two, just used what was on hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts