Mount and ring suggestions

BigDsDuty

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm looking for a 20 MOA rail and ring system that is very true yet not overpriced. A set of rings that I will not have to ream and will not leave marks is also preferable. I have heard great things about Badger but am hoping that there is a less expensive alternative. I have also heard good things about Seekins and they are evidently cheaper.
I'm looking for suggestions and comments.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Burris Signature rings:

You can put in whatever MOA you actually need.

Plastic inserts leave no marks on the scope and don't need reaming.

Will withstand the recoil of a 300 WM and larger.

Cost less than $50.

Chris

I second the Warne choice.
I have removed all of the other different types and put Warne rings on everything I own. You can use whatever rail you would like with any 20 moa.
I used their 20 moa rail and it has worked great on my 300 win mag. I had all kinds of trouble before with the scope moving around, now none.

I like the Burris signature rings also, they come in standard (I dont care for), dual dovetail and the ZEE ring. The 30mm rings come with the offset inserts included, the 1" rings you have to buy the inserts seperate ( part#626019 gets you a 5,10 and20 inserts).
The added advantage to the dual dovetail or the ZEE ring (for weaver or picatinny type bases) is that you can use inserts in one ring for elevation and inserts in the other ring for windage so that you never have to use *** rear windage screw bases ever again.
UB

I prefer the NF UL rings. You dont have to lap them and they dont leave marks. I use Badger as well but if you dont lap them, they WILL leave marks. They are however the stoutest rings I have ever used.

As far as bases go, the seekins looks cool. Would love to try one but I have called him twice throwing $$$ at him and he still wont charge my card and send me anything. Cant figure that out. I would love to have so much $$ that I could treat people like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.