Mount and Ring Advice for Elite 4200

Dans58

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just bought a Savage 116 in .338 Win Mag and a Bushnell elite 4200 3x9 scope. What size Rings do I need (30mm or 1 inch) and what height (Low, Med, High)? . thanks for the help

With the Elite 4200 3-9x40, you should be able to get by with a low ring. You will need a 1" ring for this scope.

Thanks for the response. Is there any benefit to a low ring vs a med or high? I"m new o this. Does he scope diameter determines what height ring I need.

The diameter of the objective will basically determine the height of the rings. The size of the rings are determined by the size of the tube, 1" tube takes 1" rings and 30mm tube takes 30mm rings. The higher you go with the rings, the more you have to put your check off the stock which results in begin less accurate. Just a rule of thumb. An objective 40mm or less can take a low, a 42-44mm will take a Medium and a 50mm will take a high.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.