Most Wicked Long Range Wildcat Debate!

I knew you were going to chime in and cast your vote for the 375 AM, i donno based on Mr.Allen's #'s the 338 AM out runs the 375 AM in energy at 1800+ yards. :D gun)(BOOM!)

You need to get behind the 375 AM and powder some basketball sized rocks with it to appreciate what it has to offer, it'll give you warm fuzzy feeling :D

You need to get behind the 375 AM and powder some basketball sized rocks with it to appreciate what it has to offer, it'll give you warm fuzzy feeling :D
Im sure it does!! But i think if it makes Roy have to have 2 kidney surgeries its a little much recoil for me. :rolleyes:

Im sure it does!! But i think if it makes Roy have to have 2 kidney surgeries its a little much recoil for me. :rolleyes:

Roy's just lived in the fast lane to long and is paying for it, the recoil of that 375 AM is far less than your 338 Lapua Savage I will guarantee you, it's a dream to shoot!! I shot it at the same time we were shooting a 338 RUM and it had less recoil, the brake is the size of a mans hand and it works very well!!!! The only thing you'll feel is giggles :D

Roy's just lived in the fast lane to long and is paying for it, the recoil of that 375 AM is far less than your 338 Lapua Savage I will guarantee you, it's a dream to shoot!! I shot it at the same time we were shooting a 338 RUM and it had less recoil, the brake is the size of a mans hand and it works very well!!!! The only thing you'll feel is giggles :D
I can see one of these in my distant future!! How is barrel life on that monster? Roy, how much does your rifle weigh?

For anyone with a .375 AM; have you tested out the 400gr and 425gr CE boolits? Whats your barrel length and whats the average velocity youre getting with these two? Ive tried finding this info everywhere and its not real clear. Cutting Edge website makes it seem as if itll do 2700fps and thats about it. Ive heard of others pushing the 425 to 3000fps with a Cheytac-Imp case. Anyway, just wondering what the REAL world velocity is looking like with these..

Thanks

Riley,

She weights just a wee bit over the Idaho 16 pound limit. :D

bigngreen was able to observe each of his shots from for the whole time of flight to 1k. Not the vapor/atmos disturbance but the base of the buillet. His comment was something like, "She sure breaks nice".

I'm gonna have to learn his secret as I have only been able to spot each shot.:rolleyes:

The kidney problem has nothing to do w/shooting.:rolleyes: Something called renal cell carcinoma caused some fella to root out a hunk of the kidney. It takes a lot longer than one would think for the sucker to reattach itself.:rolleyes:

Went looking, unsuccessfully, for a 1 mile shooting spot. I'll find one, that's for sure!!

The 350 SMK is goes sub sonic @ 2700 yds @ my home elevationand 30* and beyond 3000 yds @ hunting elevations.

Mr Roy, I assume you dont have a fast enough twist to shoot above 350gr? Have you tried the CE 350s? Id like to see some results on game..

Mr Roy, I assume you dont have a fast enough twist to shoot above 350gr? Have you tried the CE 350s? Id like to see some results on game..

Have a 10 twist.

Haven't researched what is needed for the longer offerings.

I'm pretty much satisfied w/the 350 SMKs

Also, JBM Calculations lists the Sierra Match bullet as 375 grains??????

Riley,

She weights just a wee bit over the Idaho 16 pound limit. :D

bigngreen was able to observe each of his shots from for the whole time of flight to 1k. Not the vapor/atmos disturbance but the base of the buillet. His comment was something like, "She sure breaks nice".

I'm gonna have to learn his secret as I have only been able to spot each shot.:rolleyes:

The kidney problem has nothing to do w/shooting.:rolleyes: Something called renal cell carcinoma caused some fella to root out a hunk of the kidney. It takes a lot longer than one would think for the sucker to reattach itself.:rolleyes:

Went looking, unsuccessfully, for a 1 mile shooting spot. I'll find one, that's for sure!!

The 350 SMK is goes sub sonic @ 2700 yds @ my home elevationand 30* and beyond 3000 yds @ hunting elevations.
Sorry bout the confusion Roy. We found a spot were we can shoot to about a mile, there are alot of little canyons and ridges that should make calling the wind tricky. I need the practice anyway if i want to be on a lot of the members' here level.

These Allen Mags are insane! I have never heard of these until this thread. That is exactly why I started it.....

That 375 is crazy fun looking . Can you say long range pig killer !

These Allen Mags are insane! I have never heard of these until this thread. That is exactly why I started it.....

That 375 is crazy fun looking . Can you say long range pig killer !
no but i can say long range pig hammer!! A plus with the 375 AM is if you hit the animal just right, it will skin it and gut it for you. :) gun)

It takes so long to retrieve a kill that without a little empty space behind the 350 SMK it wouldn't be worth shooting a pig.

There's just enough space to get the right amount of rock salt behind the bullet so the meat won't spoil by the time I get to the kill spot. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.