Mossberg MVP

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this post. Anyone out there have anything, good or bad, to say about the Mossberg MVP?

I began a search for a new coyote rifle a few months ago. This rifle I vowed to keep forever, so I put the blinders on and restricted my search to Remington, Ruger, and Winchester (my opinion only). I am a strong believer in fur saving rounds so that was also a factor.

During the search I stumbled across the Mossberg MVP. Never gave Mossberg a thought, but was very impressed not only with the MVP, but the higher end 4x4's (I'm a sucker for greenish finished laminates!).

I am not a fan of purchasing firearms without physically handling them, however, I found that the MVP seemed to be flying off the shelves and the chance of finding one to look at in person seemed grim.

So, I contacted my local FFL and ordered one. $500 out the door, which I thought was a great deal! It will be here early next week and I can't wait to give it a go.

I'm a strong believer in being fur friendly so i'm hoping it shoots 53 or 55 v-max's very well, but the 9 twist has me thinking it'll be better with the heavier grains......does anyone have first hand experience?......anyone tried anything lighter than 55's?........40's???

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.