Mossberg MVP 5.56/223

creedmoorshooter21

I saw this gun at my local gander mountain and it seems pretty cool, especially because it takes AR mags. Sadly, i went back today to get it and now it's gone. Does anyone have experience with the rifle, and does anyone know where it is in stock?

I have never taken Mossberg seriously when it comes to rifles, but the features of this model are quite impressive, nice little stock, fluted barrel (thou not deep fluted), action scaled down to the 223 cartridge & yes the ability to use AR mags.
I saw some in a gun shop (20" Predator) & loved the way the 20" barrel handled. Then I spotted a new Rem 700 5R Mil Spec in 308 & I bought it. Then I told my Wife that I did not need my SPS Tact. 308 with this new 308 toy & we should try to trade the SPS for a MPV Pred. She went with me and now it is her's.
The rifle has surpassed my expectations. It does not the lightest bullets, but will shoot the 55Sierra Blitz King, & 60 gr. V-Max in nice 1/2" 5 shot clusters. I am about to try the 77SMK & 75 Horn. OTM. I had all these bullets before the panic, thank goodness. I want to buy some 65 Game Kings, but for the life of me, I cannot find them.
But, with finding 2 bullets very quickly that shoot, no doubt it will do well with others. I like the small action, but will have to find a scaled down bore guide that I have been using in my M700's.
For sure, I would say buy one!
The shop where I picked my (my Wife's) MVP doesn't have any now & even though I saw some in other shops before the panic, I haven't since the. I will send you a PM if I spot one.

I have never taken Mossberg seriously when it comes to rifles, but the features of this model are quite impressive, nice little stock, fluted barrel (thou not deep fluted), action scaled down to the 223 cartridge & yes the ability to use AR mags.
I saw some in a gun shop (20" Predator) & loved the way the 20" barrel handled. Then I spotted a new Rem 700 5R Mil Spec in 308 & I bought it. Then I told my Wife that I did not need my SPS Tact. 308 with this new 308 toy & we should try to trade the SPS for a MPV Pred. She went with me and now it is her's.
The rifle has surpassed my expectations. It does not the lightest bullets, but will shoot the 55Sierra Blitz King, & 60 gr. V-Max in nice 1/2" 5 shot clusters. I am about to try the 77SMK & 75 Horn. OTM. I had all these bullets before the panic, thank goodness. I want to buy some 65 Game Kings, but for the life of me, I cannot find them.
But, with finding 2 bullets very quickly that shoot, no doubt it will do well with others. I like the small action, but will have to find a scaled down bore guide that I have been using in my M700's.
For sure, I would say buy one!
The shop where I picked my (my Wife's) MVP doesn't have any now & even though I saw some in other shops before the panic, I haven't since the. I will send you a PM if I spot one.

Sounds like a great little gun. I'm glad you two enjoy it. I would really appreciate that notification of whether you find them in stock

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.