Mossberg MVP

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by treehugginghunter, Mar 23, 2012.

1. treehugginghunter

treehugginghunter Member

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this post. Anyone out there have anything, good or bad, to say about the Mossberg MVP?

I began a search for a new coyote rifle a few months ago. This rifle I vowed to keep forever, so I put the blinders on and restricted my search to Remington, Ruger, and Winchester (my opinion only). I am a strong believer in fur saving rounds so that was also a factor.

During the search I stumbled across the Mossberg MVP. Never gave Mossberg a thought, but was very impressed not only with the MVP, but the higher end 4x4's (I'm a sucker for greenish finished laminates!).

I am not a fan of purchasing firearms without physically handling them, however, I found that the MVP seemed to be flying off the shelves and the chance of finding one to look at in person seemed grim.

So, I contacted my local FFL and ordered one. $500 out the door, which I thought was a great deal! It will be here early next week and I can't wait to give it a go.

I'm a strong believer in being fur friendly so i'm hoping it shoots 53 or 55 v-max's very well, but the 9 twist has me thinking it'll be better with the heavier grains......does anyone have first hand experience?......anyone tried anything lighter than 55's?........40's???

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and enjoy ... and congrats to your new toy!

Looks like a keeper ... Review: Mossberg MVP

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

3. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH. Let us know how it shoots.