More confused than ever

Chas1 do you use the method of 1800 minimal fps to take game at extreme range. Also why does Mr. Rayhill push the 7mm. The reason I even started this post was because I to was set on a bigger caliber. How ever Mr. Rayhill talked to me for half an hour about why he loves and builds the 7wsm and the 7rayhill rocket. this is exatctly what Kirby calls the Allen mag. And so has me thinking! Again thank you for all of your help

Darrin

I sent you a PM-Private message.

Just to confuse the discussion a bit, try running the numbers on these. 30 cal GS Custom 177g HV, bc of .638, mv of 3650fps. You can run these #'s out of a 300rum class rifle with a 30" barrel. Needs at least 1-10 twist.

I went ahead and ran the #'s at 6000 ft elev because I think that is what was mentioned earlier.

1000 yrd stats are as follows:

12.1 moa drop
3.1 moa drift or 32.8"
2442 fps
2344 ft lbs energy

This is doable, I am running these out of my rifle.

Steve

Just to confuse the discussion a bit, try running the numbers on these. 30 cal GS Custom 177g HV, bc of .638, mv of 3650fps. You can run these #'s out of a 300rum class rifle with a 30" barrel. Needs at least 1-10 twist.

I went ahead and ran the #'s at 6000 ft elev because I think that is what was mentioned earlier.

1000 yrd stats are as follows:

12.1 moa drop
3.1 moa drift or 32.8"
2442 fps
2344 ft lbs energy

This is doable, I am running these out of my rifle.

Steve

Steve,

I think Gerard needs a dealer here in the states. I'll be your first customer :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.