Montana Wolf Quota set

Chas1,,, the reason for the disconect is that most of the "experts" are only expert in reading a book, not getting out into the field and really seeing what is going on. Example...
Similar problem here is with canada geese taking up residense on golf courses,,parks,soccer fields, small farms and the stock ponds. Officials open a Sept. season for "resident birds" before any corn fields are cut. Then they shorten the fall season or lower the bag limit because the # of nexting birds in the "traditional nesting grounds in Canada" has dropped for some reason. Experts don't see the fact that the birds are short stopping .

I live in sw montana and I know every racher would beg you to come and shoot as many as you can. The quota is rediculous I watch the fwp bring in 3-4 a week it would be so nice if they allowed us to do the work instead of wasting tax payer money.

Thanks for responding Bigngeen. I kinda figured politics factored in somewhere.

Thanks for responding Bigngeen. I kinda figured politics factored in somewhere.

I really don't hold the feet of the local FWP to the fire on this one, it's a problem that was thrown into there laps two years ago after having zero real input to how they we're managed for years under the federal introduction program, but the feds can still slap their hands if they don't like something.

The wolf problem is a federal problem with a state and local solution!!!!!!gun)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.