Montana muley hunt

Excavator

My brother and I just finished our first muley hunt. Going to be hard to top this one. Coldest I have ever been. We left orlando Fl Friday at 85 degrees, to land at a nice 70 degrees. Then all hell broke loose. Been negative with the wind chill all week. The good Lord has blessed us once again!
72A6FDC6-E111-4783-BB58-0A01FC2C4876.jpeg
80271CC5-C9B3-4E5C-B86B-3967EF5DFCE5.jpeg
F0822831-BE0B-4813-94A6-E45F5E51D5C5.jpeg

Last edited:
First time I went to MT I was in the Florida keys the week before in record high temps for them... Never been so cold and I was made a human iceberg as a right of passage by my Dad. Love the character of that wide buck. WOW.

Very nice! I dream of bucks like that but have yet to encounter one in the wild.

We just returned from SE Montana. I've never seen meteorologists be so off-target. The deer had almost all moved off public onto more nutritious private ag; we finally found one modest buck bedded on public away from ag in some sage and I shattered both his shoulder blades with a 338 Edge from 252 yards. Still my biggest muley to date so I was happy.

Weather turned even more south, we had to bug out before my buddies could tag out as our camper was going to freeze as we hadn't expected to need full winterization.

Hell yeah man, good kills! My friend and a few his comrades came to our farm in NE Montana through the weekend we killed 9 animals, 4 antelope and 5 deer. The weather was so strange through the late summer. There's food sources everywhere since the rains grew so much grass and crops that haven't been cut. Movement patterns and feeding grounds are all out of whack this fall. The cold definitely threw us a curveball as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.