Montana hunt

Dskiper

hey there hunters! anyone know if its possible to get a nonresident elk/deer license for this season? I had no luck in Wyoming draw. Any other suggestions for reasonable price hunt somewhere west? Dskiper

I don't think so, unless you can get an outfitted hunt. Out of State applications have to be in before the end of March.

Steve

l hunted in montana in 07 with greg gilchrist of lake upsata outfitters and at that time you had to apply by march 15th.there hunts are on a draw but if you went with a outfitter you were guaranteed a tag but it cost more.l have stayed in touch with greg cause l want to go back and because of the economy they had extended the dead line this year l do'nt know if they still are you could go to montana's dfw to see.good luck i hope it woeks out for you we went in the bob marshall widerness had a great trip even killed some animals.

Sometimes there are some non-res. surplus tags. They start selling them in August, I have to look up the date but sometimes they have left overs that can be had on line if you fast!

You know if you dont get drawn for your deer/elk license you can always put your name in on the alternates list. Sometimes people who drew cant go and end up turning in thier license for a reduced refund then fish and game turns around and sells them again to people on the alternates list. Matter of fact a friend of mine from nevada turned his and his daughters back in this year , so you just never know.

You could try Colorado, They have OTC tag's and maybe some left overs. Check their website but I think non-res OTC is 531.00 US.

Not the cheapest, but better than staying home.

I turned my non-res combo license back in so maybe there is a chance.
Colo or Idaho probably best bet for a hunt this year. There is also landowners
tags for New Mex if you have a little coin.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts