Montana hunt

Discussion in 'West' started by Dskiper, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Dskiper

Dskiper Well-Known Member

hey there hunters! anyone know if its possible to get a nonresident elk/deer license for this season? I had no luck in Wyoming draw. Any other suggestions for reasonable price hunt somewhere west? Dskiper

2. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

I don't think so, unless you can get an outfitted hunt. Out of State applications have to be in before the end of March.

Steve

3. hunter-rex

hunter-rex Member

l hunted in montana in 07 with greg gilchrist of lake upsata outfitters and at that time you had to apply by march 15th.there hunts are on a draw but if you went with a outfitter you were guaranteed a tag but it cost more.l have stayed in touch with greg cause l want to go back and because of the economy they had extended the dead line this year l do'nt know if they still are you could go to montana's dfw to see.good luck i hope it woeks out for you we went in the bob marshall widerness had a great trip even killed some animals.

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Sometimes there are some non-res. surplus tags. They start selling them in August, I have to look up the date but sometimes they have left overs that can be had on line if you fast!

5. tobehunted

tobehunted Well-Known Member

You know if you dont get drawn for your deer/elk license you can always put your name in on the alternates list. Sometimes people who drew cant go and end up turning in thier license for a reduced refund then fish and game turns around and sells them again to people on the alternates list. Matter of fact a friend of mine from nevada turned his and his daughters back in this year , so you just never know.

6. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

You could try Colorado, They have OTC tag's and maybe some left overs. Check their website but I think non-res OTC is 531.00 US.

Not the cheapest, but better than staying home.

7. DanMan

DanMan Well-Known Member

I turned my non-res combo license back in so maybe there is a chance.
    Colo or Idaho probably best bet for a hunt this year. There is also landowners
    tags for New Mex if you have a little coin.lightbulb