Monstrous blacktail taunting me

150" easily as a 3x4....close to 160" if he had the other tine.....
There's a good pool of big blacktails wandering around by North Bend Medical Center during the rut.....some really big boys.....
I scored a car killed buck near shady cove that was 151"...died under a guys deck....
Big body..probably 200#....city deer....

Deer like that is what gets one out of bed early in the morning, I had a encounter with this guy last year about this same time, he had 5 or 6 does with him that kept him busy,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113-193732.png
    Screenshot_20231113-193732.png
    426.5 KB · Views: 124
150" easily as a 3x4....close to 160" if he had the other tine.....
There's a good pool of big blacktails wandering around by North Bend Medical Center during the rut.....some really big boys.....
I scored a car killed buck near shady cove that was 151"...died under a guys deck....
Big body..probably 200#....city deer....
I killed a 143" deer not far from shady cove, and have seen some serious bruisers come from that general area

All the blacktail I used to see in Washington state were nothing like that.
Couple city bucks. I've seen taller and wider around 5000' elevation but the mass these city bucks have is crazy. Seems there's more mass up north but bigger racks the farther south you go. Average blacktail around here may not get wide or tall but they're thick.
IMG_0142.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg

Last edited:
GF sent me this photo from Nov 1, the day after deer closed. Close to her barn. When I rifle hunted elk (early Nov in WA)we always saw the big ones. This one isn't too great but hasn't seen him till then.
IMG_20231101_151130~2.jpg

WA record BT is impressive. I didn't know they could get that wide and tall.