Model 70 trigger upgrade

Rhunter2

i have an mrc awr that uses a model 70 style trigger. It has creep so it either needs to go to a gunsmith or I need a new trigger. I thought about a jewel but I am not crazy about possibly having to modify my safety for it to work. Apparently some you do and some you don't. I believe the Timney is a straight drop in. Having the Smith work the trigger over is the same cost of the Timney. Is the jewel worth the extra cost and possible hassle? If not, is the Timney a better option than a tuned model 70 trigger? Thanks in advance!

call some smith's forget the jewel, Get the rite smith to tune your md 70 type trigger. nothing wrong with timney, your gonna pay either way , might as well be happy. Get a Great smith that's the Key here!!!

I have had my Win Model 70 triggers worked in the past, the only pre-2006 rifle I still have with the lever style trigger is my 375 Weatherby on a classic stainless action.
Let off is right at 2.5lbs and there is zero creep and zero backlash. Great triggers and wish they never went with the MOA trigger.

Cheers.

The original M70 trigger is the best hunting trigger design out there. I assume the MRC trigger is an almost exact copy. Not all gunsmiths know how to work a M70 trigger right, they take practice. Mark Penrod in north manchester indiana does great M70 triggers.

I wouldn't consider an aftermarket, they're all inferior to the M70 design.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.