Mini action

I once had a nice little mini action in 17 Remington made by H&R that I wish I still had. Great walking varmint gun that probably weighed less than 5 pounds

I've used two of the Howa Mini's and am contemplating a third for a distant build idea. Recommended. The only real issue with them is more of an issue with your preferred gunsmith, and that it is if they can cut metric threads should you decide to re-barrel. Still recommended.

My only gripe with the Howa is the factory plastic bottom metal and magazine. They are both absolutely terrible. I think that is def reflected in the price barreled actions are being sold for.
I have one in 6.5 Grendel and I used Jefferson Outdoors bottom metal for it. It uses CZ 527 Magazines. Worlds better than the plastic crap.

My only gripe with the Howa is the factory plastic bottom metal and magazine. They are both absolutely terrible. I think that is def reflected in the price barreled actions are being sold for.
I have one in 6.5 Grendel and I used Jefferson Outdoors bottom metal for it. It uses CZ 527 Magazines. Worlds better than the plastic crap.
I have been looking at getting their hinged floorplate bottom metal when it comes back in stock for the 6mm ARC action I received last week. It sounds like you would recommend it then? I'm building a compact lightweight walking rifle for varmints, possibly deer with kids etc.

I have been looking at getting their hinged floorplate bottom metal when it comes back in stock for the 6mm ARC action I received last week. It sounds like you would recommend it then? I'm building a compact lightweight walking rifle for varmints, possibly deer with kids etc.
Yes 100% recommend the Jefferson Outdoors…I originally used this bottom metal and the entire experience was terrible…Their product was junk and it was ridiculous to get ahold of anyone to get a refund.

Attachments

• IMG_4740.png
    IMG_4740.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 34
I used the dip bottom metal on the 7.62x39 project rifle as at the time they were all that I could find. Recommended if the mag hanging out isn't a concern. https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1371404&CAT=12462
I found that the mags can be cut and modified to slide the floor plate on higher and that is enough to almost get them flush.

That said, I'm liking that Jefferson Outdoors hinged floor bottom metal a lot.

The DIProducts is nice but still utilizes the crummy factory mags. I would have preferred to use the Jefferson blind mag version but it was out of stock with undetermined time of restocking. I'm happy with the CZ mag version, and the mags don't hang down too far…it is also compatible with the shorter 3 round CZ mags as well depending on caliber.

Recent Posts