millett scope?? opinions please

zach5187

I found a millett scope and really am liking what i have seen online about them hoping to get some personal experince inputs. pros and cons. specifically this is what i am leaning towards.
BK30734 4-16x56 Buck Gold Riflescope - BK30734 - The Consumer Link

Millett Sights - Buck Gold

I plan to mount this on my 7mm mag tikka t3 lite. I am hoping to reach out to 700yds on whitetail deer. Realistic? also is this a high enough power range for 700yds? thanks zach

It's a pretty nice scope - I have three that are similar and like them. But I wouldn't suggest you put that on a Tika lite rifle. The scope is quite big and heavy and more suited for a gun that you won't be carrying around much.

For a lighter weight carry gun for up to 700 yards look at the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 or a Bushenell Elite 3200 for a couple of decent choices in that price range.

I wouldn't recommend that scope. Some guys like big scopes, but I wouldn't put a 56 Obj on anything... 50 is my upper limit, but I don't see any real benefit to anything larger than 40 in the field.

I'm not a fan of low end Chinese optics...most of them are total junk. They usually end up being a waste of time and money. When you actually look through some of these scopes, they are blurry at any power and get even less clear as you turn it up...and that's until they break. Vortex is making a good effort and might be the exception. Look at the 6-20x44 for $250, if you like a lot of mag.

As to magnification, it is a personal choice. Large game can be targeted to 700 yards with a good 6x, but it depends on your eyes. A Fixed 6x Leupold is a great all around scope and a good value.

At $399, I think the 3-9 Zeiss Conquest is the best deal going right now for a true quality optic.

TC

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.