Might join the PRS / NRL22 group. Need help

6.5x300 WBY

Guys I always thought it woukd be incredibly fun to try this out but I've chickened out. Well I met a younger guy at the range and we seemed to have hit it off. We are very similar in shooting and love to reload. We are both kind of addicted. I am a bit more his senior in reloading techniques and such.
Well we are both getting interested in some PRS stuff and he has made some connections from his work. People who shoot prs stuff and in the long range game.
There is a shoot coming up in PA I think Gap pa for a may 5th shoot. States you shoukd have dope to 700 yards or more. My friend and I live in NJ and so its 100 yard game unfortunately. So how does one even contemplate shooting or having dope to 700 when I never shot over 100? Can I just sign up and show up and tell someone I am interested in learning but have never shot over 100 yards.
I have no clue if I should even sign up. But my friend already did and wants me to do it to.
Help the confused and unsure shooter.

Thx
Brian

So just sign up. My friend is shooting production class and I would have to be open class with my rifle.
Are you sure I won't mess things up for others? Especially not knowing what to do? I guess I just get embarrassed being with other people who have done this before.

Ok what is a PRS Member NUMBER

It's asking on sign up

I've never done PRS but wouldn't think you'd mess up others. You get your own time to shoot. I know they let you shoot to verify zero. I wonder if that range would be out to distance where you could make changes to ballistic app quickly before hand or notes at least ?

Oh boy I just joined. Gulp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409_003814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_003814_Chrome.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 89