Met a Land owner

Iron Worker

Coyote season begins for me tomorrow. Met a land owner ,that gave me the lay of the land. Area is in a valley with a bunch of 5-20 acre ranches . All have pets and the coyotes make the rounds to all the ranches in search of pets. So I'll set up a stand in the over looking high desert rock formations and I guess start out with a kitten call on my fox pro. I just charged it up and tried it on my 7 month old Golden Retriever puppy. He went nuts and so did my neighbors dogs. Only played it for less then a minute.

Well tried the kitten call,then hand rabbit calls,then pup distress calls then challenge calls. NOTHING ! Some of the locals said technically that area is a congested zone. Oh well it was cool going out.

Stick with it & give em hell in a couple weeks.... I love the feeling you get when you pick up a new place to hunt. I have some little places that we kill a coyote or cat @ almost every time we pull in. Up until a few years ago, I wasn't interested in hunting a place if it wasn't @ least 4-5000 acres..... I know better now

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.