Message for Agunner012

Brent

I tried to reply several times by email today, but after a call to AOL, they say our server up here is sending too much spam so they are blocking incomming traffic from our server at mta.online. I notified MTA and they are to call AOL and work out the IP addresses that are screwing us all presently. We shall see how quick this happens. I will check back with them tomarrow and give 'em a nudge if they don't hurry up about it.

Sorry bout the delay. If you have a non-AOL email let me know.

Hi Brent,

I have AOL myself, and had tons of problems with it in the past several weeks. My issues were software related, it took a format of the hard drive and installing a new OS to get things just right. I will look forward to your email when AOL gets things working for you again.

Thanks
Andrew

PS anyone else reading this that uses AOL(and probably any other online service). Do not store passwords on your Hard Drive. Your PC can be hacked and your email account can be used to send spam, and a lot worse!!!!!

Agunner,
I don't use AOL myself. Your AOL provider is kicking back, or blocking my provider sent emails is the deal. Never the less, AOL is will not let emails from MTA's server through, so if you had another email server other than AOL I could send you email there. Until AOL allows traffic from the MTA server, I'm shut down gettin mail to you this route.

I've got one computer to upgrade to XP, ME sucks!

Here's what was sent back to me the second time I tried -

Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>

Returned mail: see transcript for details

The original message was received at Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:44:12 -0900 (AKST)
from rdbck-166.palmer.mtaonline.net [12.21.214.166]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mailin-03.mx.aol.com.:
<<< 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this
<<< 554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
<<< 554-member base. Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
<<< 554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further
<<< 554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain. For more information,
<<< 554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

No Problem Brent,

I will look forward to your email once everything gets straightened out. I wish I had another way to get it.

If you are upgrading to XP do a clean install, don't overwrite the old OS. What ends up happening is the "possibility" of conflicts. Trust me on this one, I had conflicts. It took weeks to resolve the little bugs. I ended up formating the Hard Drive and reinstalling everything into the new OS. The computer is as good as new now.

Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.