Meopta Meostar

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jwp475, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Anyone have an opion on the 4X16 Meostar by Meopta. How good is the glass,reliabily,etc............

2. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

I was heading down that road once. I really liked the glass (good and clear). I found out you couldn't get the tactical model in the US so I ended up with a Nightforce.

Warranty/service may be an issue.

I have a set of Meopta bino's, I think they're top shelf (remember this is my opinion).

3. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

I suggest you look at an IOR...

4. ds

ds Well-Known Member

Well living in Meopta land (CZ) I get to see quite a few of them. Very good quality for the money here. Glass is very good and solid construction. Meopta are an optics manufacturer, not a brand name. They also make optics for others even some of the Zeiss spotting scopes.

I prefer S&B PMII`s but they are in a different price bracket.

Hope it helps,

David.

5. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Thanks.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. slab

slab New Member

I now own 6 Meopta scopes, 5 are the 3000 series 3x12x40 with the German #4 reticle and 1 is the 2100 series 3x12x50 RD #4. I also owned a 4x16 Meostar but did not like the reticle options,great scope and the reticle would be good for paper or groundhogs but not for the kind of hunting I do which is 95% done at night and twilight for fox. I really like these scopes and I have had plenty of the other brands. In my opinion there is no substitute for quality Europeon optics. One other thing I like about them is the company is not advertising, just depending on the reputation to sell them. In my book they are A+++++++++