meopta meostar 4-16x44 help!

danshae

I am interested in buying one of these scopes to replace my mark 4 leupy 6.5-20 but the issue i have is on there web sight it says they only have 46" of elevation and i dont know if that is based like all other scopes.which is from one extreme to the other?if that would be the case the leupy would have double adjustment and the 6.5-20 conquest would have just as much with a 1" tube.the reason i want to upgrade is due to glass quality.what i would gain in glass quality i would loose in adjustment.I shoot to 1000 yds and i think it could be a great scope for the price if it has what i need.

I don't know about the adjustment's but the glass quality on the Meopta Meostar is great. I got to do a comparison between the high end Zeiss deivari (SP?) I have and the Meopta while on a deer hunt this year and it made me get a Meopta Meostar 3-12X56 for my just picked up custom Rem. 700 Shilen barreled 264 Win Mag. I got it from Bearbasin.com they had the best price I could find. I put the scope on the rifle Saturday but have not gotten to shoot it yet, too much work and the weather does not look like it will be good for a while.

We sell MeOpta and the offer GREAT glass. I have really wanted to try one of the 4-16x44 but I do not care for the turrets and the limited elevation. Another thing was the reticle is too thick for me. The Zeiss Conquest have nice glass also but limited elevation and thick reticles also. Really if you what to upgrade I would recommend looking at Nightforce they offer great glass, great reticles, and great mechanics.

I do not feel the MeOpta would be an upgrade for a long range scope.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.