• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Mcwhorter 338 Lapua with Leupold Mk4

misslebait

McWhorter built 338 lapua, Gun was built in 2012, TBD action make was told by Mcwhorter it was a borden but now questions on it , Custom Paint, Leupold Mk 4 6.25-20 Scope with there reticle, Fluted barrel, muzzle break, trigger that breaks like glass Custom paint on both the scope and rifle, shoot a Berger 250grn elite at 3083 average, with 93grns of powder. I have apprx 300 rounds of ammo with 100 rounds loaded to Mcwhorter specs. 6500.00 shipped to your FFL

Attachments

• mcwhorter.jpg
    mcwhorter.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 338.jpg
    338.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Better check it out, I don't believe this is a borden
action.

Not trying to derail the sale of your rifle but I have to agree with Cherokees here, I as well don't believe it is a Borden action. Stiller Actions are built out of TX which TX is printed on the action and looks like a Stiller Action to me, the TX printed on the action is a dead give away it isn't made by Borden out of PA, I am 99.9% sure it is not a Borden action for the buyers considering buying this rifle.

PS - Fine Stick you got for sale tho.

Well here is what I know, I got this rifle thru and estate, Called Mcwhorter spoke to them two times and gave them the serial number and pics, asked for a build sheet, still waiting on it. Gun was built in 2012 was told both times it was a borden so I am going off what they told me. I left a message AGAIN today for the build sheet and was told again its a borden so thats the info I have from Mcwhorter.

I've bought more rifles from Allan and McWhorter than I can remember.....both on Stiller and Borden actions. The action on the rifle for sale.....drumroll please.......is a Stiller. The fact that is has SPF (Stiller Precision Firearms) LLC engraved on it, and Wylie, Tx., which happens to be where the Stiller headquarters is located, kinda gives it away.
The thing is, Stillers are top notch actions and the ones I've owned have shot tiny little holes just like the Bordens.
Bordens are hair more expensive....that's it.

Spoke to Allan at Mcwhorter the person that gave me the info is no longer there. They have no build sheets past 2014 He confirmed that it is indeed a stiller.

Rifle is Pending funds sold

Recent Posts