McMillan Stock - $$$ ouch ! $$$

FEENIX

I contacted McMillan for option/price quote to replace my SAKO M995 factory stock for a possible future upgrade/project and got this response:

You will have to stick with the M995 (otherwise known as the TRG S) into the A5 (Winchester) stock and would also have to purchase the TRG S trigger guard from us. The stock will run you around $850 with the trigger guard and 1 hour custom work we have to perform (due to tang).
:( :( :(

Last edited:
Have you talk to any gunsmiths or looked into another brand of stock? I am curious because I also have a M995.

Negative, but will have to when the time comes! My factory stock is in excellent shape ... just checking out my options. For after market, the McMillan and Serengeti Stockworks are the only two I found thus far ... and both are very pricey.

Ed

I have one Macmillan and there is no doubt it is a quality stock. But I am growing weary of synthetic stocks. The feel and look of wood is so much better.

If you wish to change to a laminated wood or to a traditional solid wood you can contact Joel Russo.

McMillan's turnaround and increasing prices are pushing them out of the market for most buyer's. I'd call Tom Manners. He is excellent to work with. Even if he can't help you I wager he can point you in the right direction. Also Lone Wolf; never used them but hear good things. Talked to the guy on the phone one day. He was a bit abrupt but I likely pulled him off of a mill or something. Nevertheless he answered all of my questions.

thats not good to here. I'm going to rebarrel my m995 30-378 and need a new stock cuz mine cracked. Going to talk to my smith wed. i'll let you know if i find out anything good. Doesn't look good i was thinking of going with a mcmillan also. Not now.

McMillan's turnaround and increasing prices are pushing them out of the market for most buyer's. I'd call Tom Manners. He is excellent to work with. Even if he can't help you I wager he can point you in the right direction. Also Lone Wolf; never used them but hear good things. Talked to the guy on the phone one day. He was a bit abrupt but I likely pulled him off of a mill or something. Nevertheless he answered all of my questions.

E-mailed Manners and Lone Wolf but no response yet.

Ed

Response from Manners:

Hi Ed,
At this time we are not inletting for the m995. You might check back in with towards the end of summer. Thank you very much,

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Thomas Manners[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Manners Composite Stocks[/FONT]
1209 Swift
North Kansas City, MO 64116
816-283-3334
816-210-8108

www.mannersstocks.com

From Lone Wolf

>------- Original Message -------
Sent : 4/2/2009 11:53:19 AM

We do not offer stock blanks for Sakos.

Last edited:
I contacted McMillion also and was told that only the A5 stock would work for what I was
wanting to put together.
I was working the M995 action .338 LM and Lothar-Walther SS 338, heavy match barrel contour #7. Project currently as they say TBD - idle. Awaiting STIMULUS - LOL

Good suggestions so far on options to the McMillion

Best of luck

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.