McMillan Plastic Stocks

Hopefully they will sell well enough to be produced for other rifles and if quite successful then one for Tikkas might just be made.

I can always hope. But

Interesting. If anyone can make the "Tupperware" better and more economical for the consumer, I believe they can.

Interesting indeed, but I'd like to actually see one and see some independent testing. I've seen some very hard plastic only to be a bit on the brittle side. I read somewhere the big rifle manufacturers were paying about $11 a piece for the "Tupperware" stocks. I never could understand why someone would want a soft, flexible piece of black plastic. Perhaps thewords "black" and "tactical" are impressive.

I spoke with Kelly McMillan about this a few weeks ago. September is the new date, and wait until you see the price point!

Better preorder them!

Different stocks. The ones mentioned in the OP are McCubed polymer stocks. The Grayboe ones you are linking are not them. The Grayboe stocks are pillar bedded, whereas the McCubed polymer stocks have no mention of any sort of bedding system, just a stronger polymer stock in a A5(?) configuration

The article does say the McCubed stocks will have molded in aluminum pillars.

I also found this.......
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ces-mc3-line-injection-molded-polymer-stocks/

I'm very interested in seeing one. One thing to keep in mind....The traditional "Tupperware" stock we are so familiar with is only one of a multitude of different plastic formulations that the firearms industry appears to have latched onto. I wonder if McMillan is using the traditional formulation. If desired, a "plastic" stock could be developed using a formulation that would could run circles around a fiberglass stock in terms of physical characteristics and temperature stability, and still be more cost effective given sufficient volume. The major investment is in the set-up/mould.

I would love to hear how these are doing as well.
I would really love to hear how these compare to the Stocky's stock that they sell for around $200.

I would love to hear how these are doing as well.
I would really love to hear how these compare to the Stocky's stock that they sell for around $200.
Yesterday I saw a video of Kelly Mcmillan explaining/showing some features of the mc3 and had a few stocks sitting on the table that were made by others. I think I recognized one of them to be the Stocky's stock that you are referring to. It looked like it to me at least. At the end of the video Kelly stood on the middle of the stock with it being supported by the butt and forend. I could see a little flex but it did not look like it wanted to break.

Personally I am still trying to decide which route to go for a stock with this one in the mix of those being considered.

If I can find the video again I will post it up here later today. It is a 14 min. video I think

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.