• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McGowen Savage prefit for sale.

backwoods83

28" savage standard shank, full bull, 300 wby mag, 10 twist, 11* crown, Vias break, unfired, 510.00 invested with the break installed. 375.00 firm.

Forgot to mention it is Stainless steel bead blast 320grit finish, will make a nice long range hammer.

This barrel was finished by Fred at 4D reamers, not by McGowen, its a match chamber, no turn neck with just enough freebore to shoot factory ammo, .115", but its better to handload for, oal with a 210 Berger touching the lands in this chamber will be about 3.845" +or- .010". This barrel cost me 360 plus shipping and another 150 for the brake+install, so as I stated I have actually a little over 510 invested, I decided I would let it go for what you can get one from McGowen for even though they don't have this reamer, their price is 339 plus shipping so I will go 355.00 shipped, and you practically get a Vias break installed free. Barrel weighs around 7#s.

No it was for a bench gun, I bought 2 identical barrels at the same time, the other is a hunting rig now, the one for sale is unfired, they were cut with the same reamer, that's why I said oal would be 3.845" + or - .010"

I single feed mine, but on a centerfeed mag you can load to 3.8" and use one in the mag and one in the chamber.

Off a front rest and rear bag as a heavy gun it will shoot in the high .1- low .2s with 210 bergers or 208 amaxs over Imr4350, H4831sc, or H1000. In its current form tactical/hunting setup after almost 800 rounds it still shoots in the .3s off a bipod and rear bag. I've had good luck with McGowen barrels but I've never had one that was chambered by McGowen. Btw with that barrel it is easy to get 3100fps with a 210 Berger, typically 3140. I would bet that a snuggly compressed load of Retumbo would put it over 3200, but I haven't tried that yet. As for groups at 1k yards 5.xxx-10.xxx but I only had it out 4 times. I know use the same rifle for all bench classes.

Can't believe nobody is putting a savage together for longrange anymore! Bump. Make offers or trades?

6.5, 338, blanks, 338 edge or lapua barrel 29" or longer, HS precision stock for la savage, or similar stockade, 6.5-20x44 or 50 Vortex Viper PA, stuff like that. Humor me. [email protected]

I also have a model 110 stagger feed action I would sell with this barrel, it currently has a standard .473" bolt face but can easily be swapped to a magnum .532", hasn't been used since it was Cerakoted matte black, everything included with action except barrel nut and trigger guard, 225.00 to ffl or 570.00 for the barrel and action.

bump with pics. Action as pictured 225.00 to ffl, hasn't had a bolt even slid back into it since the cerakoting. 570.00 with listed barrel.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13