• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage LA with extras and McGowen Match prefit barrel for sale or trade!

backwoods83

I have a Savage 110 flat rear action with standard and magnum bolt faces, freshly reblued, factory safety and a model 112 trigger with spring change, breaks clean just over a pound. I have my 308 built on this but would like to trade it for a short action or sell it for 265.00 shipped. Also comes with 1 piece Weaver base.

I also have a McGowen SS savage bull contour small shank so it tapers from 1.055" down to1" and is 28"s in length, it is a 10 twist 300 wby mag match chamber (.060" throat no factory ammo) polish finish with 11 degree crown, never fired, never installed. Would like to trade for equal quality 6.5x284 or 264wm barrel or I will sell it for 325.00 shipped. Also trades for 8 twist 22-250 or 22-250AI barrel of equal value.

I will sell them together for 575.00 this is very close to one of my old worn out bench guns, the only difference is this is a LA and a small shank, my other is a pta/large shank, other than that the barrels are identical, mine (in its prime would hold .3moa at 1k) this one has never been fired but I doubt there's much difference in accuracy.

Last edited:
Re: Savage LA and McGowen barrel for sale or trade!

Will let both go for 575.00 shipped.

We had a deal worked out for the barrel. I'm just waiting for more info on it like I requested.

Please get back to me. I haven't got a response back from you since I requested more info and pics.

I no longer have that action, the easiest thing you can do is go to midway or brownells and order a magnum bolt head, the put your ejector and extractor in it assuming you have a standard bolt head already, check to se if its a small or large firing pin, then just order the head, its only around 20$.

I went to midway and brownells, all midway had was small pin and brownell did not describe what pin their's were for. I bought my savage around 1980 so undoubtedly its a large pin. I'm want to create a swap barrel so I'd like to keep the 06 head intact. Numrich has an "old style" head for $36 but it doesn't say if it comes with the ejector and extractor or not. thanks anyway

If does not come assembled the ejector and extractor is only like 12 bucks. And yes definently a large pin reciever being an 06 from the 80s.

just order one in small pin and drill it out for a large pin. takes about 5 min. i had the same problem and ordered a standard small pin head from midway. driiled the firing pin hole to clear the large pin from my old 112 fv bolt and it works perfectly.