McGowen barrels

love mine. 6.5x47 lapua. Barrel swap will take about 15 minutes. Mine will shoot about 3 different loads under 1/2 inch and finding a load that works took no time at all. I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy one and is now my go to for savage pre fits

love mine. 6.5x47 lapua. Barrel swap will take about 15 minutes. Mine will shoot about 3 different loads under 1/2 inch and finding a load that works took no time at all. I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy one and is now my go to for savage pre fits

What tools did you need for the barrel change?

My current Mcgowen barrel in .260AI is by far my most consistent and accurate shooter. Very good barrels as far as I am concerned. Barrel Vice is a must whether it is home made or purchased. Barrel nut wrench is also a must. Go ahead and get the barrel vice, action wrench and nut wrench because I can guarantee that once you see how easy it is to change barrels it will not be your last.

My current Mcgowen barrel in .260AI is by far my most consistent and accurate shooter. Very good barrels as far as I am concerned. Barrel Vice is a must whether it is home made or purchased. Barrel nut wrench is also a must. Go ahead and get the barrel vice, action wrench and nut wrench because I can guarantee that once you see how easy it is to change barrels it will not be your last.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, along with a go gauge for each caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.