Maybe you can help...

Bravo 4

Several months ago I ordered a palmIIIxe off of ebay and had it, and my new exbal program, sent to Iraq. It took over a month for me to get it and it didn't have a cradle. So, I ordered myself one...off ebay. The guy sent me the wrong one of course, after waiting about another month to get it. So of course I just waited a couple more months and got home to get another one-had to be from an online store because they are pretty much obsolete. I ordered the cradle and a cable just in case. I get it in last Friday and what do you know...the old serials and new ones are different, so I needed an adapter. I seem to have found the only one in central Arkansas. I get everything downloaded and guess what... nothing. The palm and pc won't sync. I have been on the phone and internet with PALM customer support all freaking day and they keep having me un-install everything and re-install, shut down & reboot and everything. They finally said that maybe the adapter is bad, so I ordered another one. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so what am I doing wrong? I am about to freaking give the **** thing away!!! My $100 investment is costing me a small fortune and has cost me 100 man hours. Suggestions...

No guarantees but I'll snoop around my stuff. I have a Hand Spring Palm OS pda and cradle around here some where. I keep seeing the pieces when I'm looking for something else.:rolleyes:

If I can find the CD I'll get it all together and see if it still works. Bug me via PM to kind of prod my memory, ok.

Like I said, no promises but I'll give it a go.

Roy

Bravo 4, I had the same problem. I couldn't get my computer to Syn with my Palm on my work computer. It worked fine at home. I never figured out why though.

Just a thought.

Thanks Roy, if it works let me know what you want for it.

If I get it rounded up, and if it works, there's no charge. I'll even pay the postage.

I heard of one of you guys that just came back winning the lottery. It wasn't you.:rolleyes: This would be a **** poor substitute but at least it would be something.:D

Roy,
Man if I got this thing working I would feel like "I" won the lottery. Thanks for the offer and thanks ALOT if it works.

I also asked them if I should try it on another computer and they said it wouldn't matter. If I had any patience left I might try it...maybe my wife can do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.