Material for creating a palm swell

Its a special concocksion made up by an acquaintence in in Cleveland, OH. He'll make you up some without you even asking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just go to your local Wally World and pick up some Dupli-Color Truck Bed Coating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It says on the can that it will increase the value of my truck. That's the real reason I got it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It ends up being a heavy coat when final but so far it does exactly what I wish. It seems hard and is fairly slick and should slide nicely on the bags. The smith will have the bbl'd action finished this week, then we'll see how this stuff holds up under use.

Well , now I know what the problem has been , no wander you've been having problems , your working on the wrong side of the stock !!! and it looks like you even cut a big slot in it. , it looks good anyhow.

That Dupli color bed liner is some good stuff its tough,cheap and durable

[ QUOTE ]
and it looks like you even cut a big slot in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, had to switch to the other side a year or so ago. The ol' right eye is seeing kind of crooked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for the slot, yup I cut a goodin. I have always thought that a flat bottomed butt stock would be better for shooting consistency with larger caliburs. While I was pondering that the stock and coping saw were in the same field of view. Don't need anymore motivation than that some times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It was then that I learned why stocks like the A-5 are so slab sided./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Then I saw the rasp and the cheek piece went east with the geese. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The palm swell appears a little ungraceful but that's the way my hand dictated the shape. Its supposed to provide a 'feeling' for 'memory' from shot to shot. We'll see....

yea you gotta watch those coping saws and wood rasp , I've got a couple here giving me fits with this Savage project I've got going.
The whole coping saw thing is realy getting on my nerves , I'm about to attack this laminated stock to cut out a cheek piece to make it adjustable.. But if it don't work out to well , I'll build it big and grind it pretty then paint the hell out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.