recomended palm polit/PDA's

Gerald Perry, designer of Exbal (which to my understanding is what Nightforce uses) is very clear in reccomending the use of a Pocket PC based PDA and not a Palm based PDA. You can get 'em off ebay pretty cheap used. You don't need the newest 'rocket' to run Exbal. For what it's worth, I'm using a Dell Axim X30, but the options are nearly endless. Hope this helps. Email Gerald from his site--http://www.perry-systems.com/

I think the higher the number the faster and more sophisticated the device. I think Gerald told me he uses the X50. The glitch with using Dell Pocket PC's (PPC) is that appartently Dell and Microsoft has a bit of a spitting match some time ago and Dell doesn't make PPC's anymore. Mine were way out of warranty and Dell still helped me quite a bit initially getting mine set up, etc. Talk to Gerald, but I think any of those should run Exbal fine--although each has a different operating system, I believe. Should probably try to get the newest operating system (newest PPC) you can. I had a Palm (Palm OS has literally not been updated for years and is one reason Gerald didn't like them.) beforehand and I don't think I would go back to Palm after having the Pocket PC. Not very experienced with all this and no expert, just relating some of my experience. Hope it helps. Jon

I just went on ebay and got a used 1910 HP pocket PC. Cost about $ 50 buck and I was off and racing. You don't need a fancy one . Spend your cash on your shooter. Just make sure you buy one with enough inbuilt memory, I think 32 meg ??

Cheers

DUH

On Monday February 7th, 2005, I received an email from Mr. Perry answering some of my questions and Here is a quote of what he answered about Axim PDA's

Gerald Perry <[email protected]> wrote:
You can order Exbal by logging onto the web site and the clicking on the "Order Exbal" button.

For hand held applications, I recommend the Dell Axim which use the Pocket PC version of Exbal.
All of the Axims will work fine.

thanks,

Gerald L. Perry
phone: 361-584-1424

When I bought my pocket version of Exbal from Nightforce,I called Nightforce and they recomended the Dell Axim 30. So I purchased the 30......

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts