Married people

I guess we live with social distancing every day. My wife of 27 years and I were talking about how our lives have not been changed at all. We live on a large ranch with only employees around. Only get to town every week or so. We enjoy our isolated lifestyle, not sure why it's so hard for others to deal with. Well maybe I'm talking to the cows a lot more lately! Hope you all stay safe!

My wife is always amazed at how close people live together when we go to town. I tell her don't knock it, if they did not live so close together they would live next to us. She likes it just fine. This has been great for us

Thanks

Buck

Used to joke the guys on the SWAT team about it. most of them have been married several times. I told them I was no expert on marriage since I only did it the one time....21 years later I still got the best one out there. I can bring home guns trucks and motorcycles and the only question I get is "when are we going shooting or riding"

Actually got asked if I had a 30-06 once. Said no. Then was told promptly to fix that situation! Went out the next day and bought a brand new Remington 700 CDL Custom Deluxe!

Sorry boys, she's all mine!

Almost 26yrs and still counting here and she's a keeper lol. Like some others we live off the beaten path so just another day here. Our favorite quote she told me long ago "I always love you, somedays I don't like you very much but I always love you". I'm sure many of you have had those days too lol.

I'm a rookie compared to you guys.

Married 16 years next month and she is definitely a keeper, and also most definitely my better half.

I was lucky that she fell in love with camping, fishing, shooting and hunting so we share all of that as well. When at the range if I am a little off in my shooting she'll set me straight and it works Lol. She is also an amazing mom to our almost 3 year old.

We live in a subdivision so we do need to practice social disrancing and she is handling it very well, she's been working from home for 4 weeks now while I still go to work every day.

I am very blessed to have her

My wife is a Nurse practitioner so I am actually seeing her less, so we are good lol. We have been together since 15 years old so 18 years together 13 married. My kids are getting sick of me though. I think they would fire me if they could. They have never done more chores in their life. My kids do love to sort brass and dry it after tumbling, so they are keepers.

12yrs married & 3 kids. Caught her attention at 18yrs old & she still puts up with me. She already homeschooled before the virus so just another day on our 5 acres for her! I'm considered essential so Im still working keeping the grid energized, however my wife is by far more essential than myself as she is the CornerStone of our family.....I am truly a blessed man

I was 29 years old living the dream of being a bachelor when my cousin kept trying to set me up because I think he and his wife were jealous I was still single 😀. So he said he would fix me up with someone from his wife's office and I said OK but this is last one and it was. We will be married 40 years in September and guess they were right. We were blessed with one son and now 2 granddaughters of almost 4 and 1 1/2. Killing us we can't see them but maybe soon we can actually pick them up and give them the hugs they deserve! Many years ago a VP of HR told me during a major reloaction of the company I worked for told me that a relocation will either strengthen a marriage or it will find the cracks in the relationship. This is no different and we all need to be a little more forgiving to each other to help each other through it.

JE: thanks for reminding us we need to sit back and realize what is truly important in our lives now.

Married 48 years, happy as ever. Found my Soul Mate. On a lighter note, I'm sure you heard the one about the neighbor who walked next door, and asked the woman of the house "Where's your Husband?" Wifey replied "He's in the back yard in the garden". Neighbor replied "I didn't see him". Wifey said "Dig a little deeper".

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.