Market for a new bbl off of a Sako TRG-42???

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
This is probably in the wrong place but....

We just got one of these things in and I am somewhat impressed w/the total package. Stock is nice, trigger is good, it is already setup as a repeater and the thing is not overly heavy (by my standards at least).

Anyway, I was thinking of using one of these to fill my need(or want) for a carry weight rifle in 338 cal. Only problem is, the **** bbl is a 12" twist!! Why would they go and do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif? Since I was really wanting to shoot the 300 gr SMK this just won't work.

I was thinking that if a guy could jerk the bbl off of it and sell it for a reasonable amount and then replace it w/one of those carbon wrapped jobs that are on special here, I could shave a pound or so and get a better bbl in the twist I want.

Do you think someone would buy the factory tube and if so, a guess at what it would bring????

Re: Market for a new Sako TRG-42 take off bbl ??

Well, I guess that answers that ?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.