Mark v action ?

You don't bothe
Do a 340 Wby on your action or buy a Mark V that is already a 338-378 if you really need that extra capacity.
Yeah don't bother with that converting. leave it as a 65 300 one of the best out west guns around.

A friend of mine had his Wby. 340 converted to 338-378 and it not only cost big money but it left him with a rifle that nobody else wanted years later. Couldn't you just rebarrel to 338 RUM and have almost what you want?

Was just looking for answer on weather it was do able with a new bolt and barrel or if their was more to it
Not gonna pay a gunsmith to open up the bolt
If couldn't just order a bolt from weatherby that would fit in the current action I wouldn't do it

Last edited:
Was just looking for answer on weather it was do able with a new bolt and barrel or if their was more to it
Not gonna pay a gunsmith to open up the bolt
If couldn't just order a bolt from weatherby that would fit in the current action I wouldn't do it
It's the bolt, the magazine box, the barrel at a minimum.
There are certain parts that Weatherby doesn't sell, and I suspect that the bolt may be one of them unless it's through one of their repair centers.

Is there any chance your Nk V is a German Mk V. As I have a German bolt I would rrade you. Mine is a 378 bolt face.

Recent Posts