Mark V Accumark vs Sendaro

I would try the accumark in 338 lapua. With that said I love the senderos.They all have shot very well for me. Consider gunbrokers for the accumark in the 338 lapua. They are right at $1860 new. Bed the action fine tune the trigger and go play. I so wish jewel made a trigger for the mark IV action. Good luck.

Corey

LOL, yeah I reread that.

Yeah out of the box, from what I've read Savage is a solid choice.
Yea they are the on to bet on if you want a out of the box accurate rifle. As far as the aftermarket support, what do you usually get with ordering aftermarket? Triggers,stocks and barrels. You can get all that with a Savage, and Weatherby for that matter. Remington is not the only one. If you are a tinkerer then you can swap barrels your self with a Savage, that's one of the main reasons I like Savage..

I would lay 10 Savage rifles out and I would bet 9 out of 10 of them will shoot under a inch. With the other one at a inch. You can't seem to wrap your head around that a Savage of any model, Is one of the most accurate factory rifles out there. No smith, no new barrel, no blueprinting, nothing but a off the assembly line Savage. I'm sorry you can't deal with that but that's the way it is .....

If you read my whole post, and only got negativity about Savage from it, then I'm sorry you can't find the truth in what the post was truly about...

It had nothing to do with a particular brand, that was just the one that was offered up by someone else. The fact is, if you put ANY brand of factory rifle against a custom, then the custom has better odds at being a more accurate rifle.

It's not that I "can't wrap my head around it", it's that I choose not to drink the Kool-Aid, because ANY factory rifle can be accurate, and ANY factory rifle can be a lemon...Factory barrels are a crap-shoot (no pun intended). I've had factory Remington barrels that wouldn't shoot. What did I do? I removed them and scrap-piled them. But everyone chooses to crap on Remington, as if they're the only one, and refuses to admit that other brands have and have had their fair-share of issues over the years, as well. I also had a nice Browning A-Bolt II with an inconsistent barrel. Ended up pulling that barrel off, too. And let's not forget to mention the ole' famous $2,200 MSRP Accumark .257 Wby that had a bad barrel from the factory that sent me chasing better than 1.5 MOA @ 100 meters for years with different loads, bullets, powders, charges, primers, etc... And never did make the cut. That goes to show you whether it's a $500 Remington, $1,000 Browning, or a $2,000 Weatherby, ALL factory barrels are a gamble.

The reason I warn people about the Weatherbys so much, is NOT just to hear myself talk. It's so they won't make a $1,800+ mistake, like I did. I learned that lesson the hard way, and if I can save someone else the headache and money, I'm going to give them a heads-up, if all they've ever heard about them was positive. The fact is, nothing man-made is perfect...Just like Savages or Remingtons or Brownings...Or whatever brand you choose. They can all have their flaws. Whether it be Remington, Savage, Winchester, etc... You can build a hell of a nice custom rifle that has a much better chance for accuracy for what an Accumark costs...Just food for thought.

If you read my whole post, and only got negativity about Savage from it, then I'm sorry you can't find the truth in what the post was truly about...

It had nothing to do with a particular brand, that was just the one that was offered up by someone else. The fact is, if you put ANY brand of factory rifle against a custom, then the custom has better odds at being a more accurate rifle.

It's not that I "can't wrap my head around it", it's that I choose not to drink the Kool-Aid, because ANY factory rifle can be accurate, and ANY factory rifle can be a lemon...Factory barrels are a crap-shoot (no pun intended). I've had factory Remington barrels that wouldn't shoot. What did I do? I removed them and scrap-piled them. But everyone chooses to crap on Remington, as if they're the only one, and refuses to admit that other brands have and have had their fair-share of issues over the years, as well. I also had a nice Browning A-Bolt II with an inconsistent barrel. Ended up pulling that barrel off, too. And let's not forget to mention the ole' famous $2,200 MSRP Accumark .257 Wby that had a bad barrel from the factory that sent me chasing better than 1.5 MOA @ 100 meters for years with different loads, bullets, powders, charges, primers, etc... And never did make the cut. That goes to show you whether it's a $500 Remington, $1,000 Browning, or a $2,000 Weatherby, ALL factory barrels are a gamble.

The reason I warn people about the Weatherbys so much, is NOT just to hear myself talk. It's so they won't make a $1,800+ mistake, like I did. I learned that lesson the hard way, and if I can save someone else the headache and money, I'm going to give them a heads-up, if all they've ever heard about them was positive. The fact is, nothing man-made is perfect...Just like Savages or Remingtons or Brownings...Or whatever brand you choose. They can all have their flaws. Whether it be Remington, Savage, Winchester, etc... You can build a hell of a nice custom rifle that has a much better chance for accuracy for what an Accumark costs...Just food for thought.

After hearing you spew BS about Remingtons, I will never own one. Every time I look at one I think of you and get a sick feeling.....

I have owned my Accumark for 15years, I have had my Sendero for 6 months. Both are accurate rifles, but the edge goes to the Accumark. The Accumark has a decent trigger out of the box, the Senderos trigger was replaced immediately. The stock on both are HS precision, the Accumark has a much better feel to it especially for Hunting, the Sendero has that god aweful palm swell, and also was replaced immediately. The Accumark has a #4 contour barrel, the Sendero. #5, so the Accumark is 1/2 pound lighter. The recoil pad on the Sendero is a chunk of solid rubber, the accumark has a real recoil pad. The craftsmanship on the Accumark seems better than the Sendero, lots of chatter marks on the receiver on the Sendero, when it was cut down. I'm my opinion comparing my 2 rifles, I would take the Accumark over the Sendero.

I have owned my Accumark for 15years, I have had my Sendero for 6 months. Both are accurate rifles, but the edge goes to the Accumark. The Accumark has a decent trigger out of the box, the Senderos trigger was replaced immediately. The stock on both are HS precision, the Accumark has a much better feel to it especially for Hunting, the Sendero has that god aweful palm swell, and also was replaced immediately. The Accumark has a #4 contour barrel, the Sendero. #5, so the Accumark is 1/2 pound lighter. The recoil pad on the Sendero is a chunk of solid rubber, the accumark has a real recoil pad. The craftsmanship on the Accumark seems better than the Sendero, lots of chatter marks on the receiver on the Sendero, when it was cut down. I'm my opinion comparing my 2 rifles, I would take the Accumark over the Sendero.

A friend had a similar experience, except he sold the Sendero (just didn't care for it much) and got 2 TC Ventures (.300 WM and .270 Win) from the sales instead with extra towards a scope ... and both are shooters too.

His Accumark is a 7mm Rem Mag and is light and has a very good fit and feelto it, excellent carry rifle IMHO. However, you can tell the recoil is in the stout side but tolerable. It now sports an effective muzzle brake and is now very pleasant to shoot.

I have three 338-378 Weatherby accumarks they are awesome.They are the best buy if you find a good used one .I bought each one of mine for $1000 each .They all shoot under an 1.5 at 300 yards with select loads .My ruger 77 stainless mark II 338 win mag shoots 3/4 inch at 200 yards with factory ammo and just a 3x9 Nikon scope on it .The 338 lapula is not that much better out of shorter barrels than the 338 won mag .I used my accumarks and the ruger stainless 12 years in hell and high water they all came out in flying colors .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.