Making semi custom varminting gun for same price as budget gun

Namibguy

Hi im very new so try not to be to harsh also let me know if this is the wrong place to be posting this. The problem is i have very tight budget and I would like to get a gun for varminting (223 because of ammo cost) with decent accuracy lets say 1 moa or less preferably. It is not easy where i live as guns get really expensive eg a remington 783 varmint laminate is sold here for 966u$.I was wondering if its possible to make a budget semi or fully custom rifle for less than 900u$. It doesn't have to be the lightest or have the best trigger but i would like to varmint out atleast 200. If this is a far fetched feel free to tell me. I would like to get a tikka but they're out of budget at 1085-1450u$.

Hi im very new so try not to be to harsh also let me know if this is the wrong place to be posting this. The problem is i have very tight budget and I would like to get a gun for varminting (223 because of ammo cost) with decent accuracy lets say 1 moa or less preferably. It is not easy where i live as guns get really expensive eg a remington 783 varmint laminate is sold here for 966u$.I was wondering if its possible to make a budget semi or fully custom rifle for less than 900u$. It doesn't have to be the lightest or have the best trigger but i would like to varmint out atleast 200. If this is a far fetched feel free to tell me. I would like to get a tikka but they're out of budget at 1085-1450u$.
find you a savage 110 varmint in 223

+1 on the Savage.

You can make a semi-custom pretty cheap compared to a custom, but remember you have to either buy a whole donor gun or fine a bare action somewhere (doable). There are many sources of economical prefit barrels, which can be done on both Savage and Remington threads. Add an economical stock like a Boyds and a factory trigger and self-bed it and you can get really close to custom performance for a fraction of the price. The aftermarket barrel is worth the improvement.

But if your budget is really tight you're likely not going to do this for less than a budget factory rifle. And I've had a few of those sub-1/2MOA with reloads.

I was going to say shop the Tikka's a little harder, as that price can be beat. Then I see where your from. Good Luck!

None of the shops here have it at the moment and given the exchange rate being the super weak it'll prob be more than 900 new.
I was going to say shop the Tikka's a little harder, as that price can be beat. Then I see where your from. Good Luck!
Yes unfortunately i dont have many options to buy from here and online would not be possible.
+1 on the Savage.

You can make a semi-custom pretty cheap compared to a custom, but remember you have to either buy a whole donor gun or fine a bare action somewhere (doable). There are many sources of economical prefit barrels, which can be done on both Savage and Remington threads. Add an economical stock like a Boyds and a factory trigger and self-bed it and you can get really close to custom performance for a fraction of the price. The aftermarket barrel is worth the improvement.

But if your budget is really tight you're likely not going to do this for less than a budget factory rifle. And I've had a few of those sub-1/2MOA with reloads.
can you recommended an economical barrel. The only problem i have with the budget rifles is that it seems to be rather hit or miss whether its going to be a moa gun or based om reviews ive seen. Many people also seem ti recommend replacing the factory stock as as rhe synthetics are flimsy and ive seen people have trouble with magazine build quality on them and im not sure how or if it even can befixed

Again, Not knowing what you have to choose from. I have 2, .223's a Tikka CTR, and a Sako A7 Roughtech. Both shoot great. The Sako A7 is discontinued, and can be currently had at good prices here.

Was going to post a link, but an A7 .223 with Vortex scope just sold for $800 here. Hope you find something.

Again, Not knowing what you have to choose from. I have 2, .223's a Tikka CTR, and a Sako A7 Roughtech. Both shoot great. The Sako A7 is discontinued, and can be currently had at good prices here.
We unfortunately only have the sako 85 and quad here going 1800~ and 1200 respectively my options in 223 here is severely limited on of the best options for stock new guns i could find so far is a weatherby vangaurd series one(755u$)there is also cz 527 varminter mtr(960u$) a titan which is 1200+ and savage trophy hunter xp youth model which might be around 600ish therr may be a few more but non cheaper than what i just said

Buy any heavy barreled Savage on the rack. Or a Remington, Winchester, or Ruger. Granted, it may NOT print under 0.010" at 100 yards, but even if it did, you would be out another couple of thousand in glass and reloading stuff. Buy that Savage, Remington, or any good bolt gun, get some good glass, be sure the action is properly bedded and you have some sandbags. (Old pants-legs sewn half full of sand work fine.) Use good dies.

Ruger American. These are very accurate rifles right out of the box. You can not beat this rifle or the Savage 110 for the money and the accuracy they provide. Good luck with your purchase, whatever you buy.

A Thompson Center Compass is as cheap as they come. With the 5R rifling and the 1" MOA guarantee, it'll be cheap and accurate.

I have a 7mm-08 Compass and it shoots 1/4" MOA right out of the box. I don't know why a 223 would be any different.

Heck my Savage Axis shoots 1/2" to 3/4" all day. The only thing I did to it was put a Boyd's stock on it. It's not even bedded yet. Not sure if you can get them in Namibia or not. I liked it so much I bought a second one and put a Douglas .17 Remington barrel on it for fox and coyotes.

If you can look at savage rifles they are budget friendly and shoot sub 1" right out of the box the axis series has a poly stock and a 3 lb trigger not real pretty but very accurate

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.