Makers of fine Brass

G

Any favorites between Norma or Lapua Brass. The Norma is in stock for 6.5-284 LApua is not...Anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Both are excellent brass. Both have drilled primer flash holes and good quality. My 1000 yd buddies like the Norma and say it is a little stronger. I went that way three years ago and have had no problems. Probably price and availability will be the final decider. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Both are excellent brass. Both have drilled primer flash holes and good quality. My 1000 yd buddies like the Norma and say it is a little stronger. I went that way three years ago and have had no problems. Probably price and availability will be the final decider. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I prefer Lapua, and I have heard the opposite on case life.

Lapua actually has it in writing on their boxes of brass"...will go 10 loadings or more..."

But you are right--no lapua brass in the country for at least a couple weeks.

Got 6 firings on my lapua now with no end in site...

YMMV,
JB

I had no problem getting Lapua 6.5x284 brass, if it dried up I'm unaware of it.

I have read some recent posts indicating inconsistent neck wall thickness in both the Lapua and Norma cases. I have already neck turned all of my Lapua cases and never bothered to check them first. They are very consistent now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For what its worth, John Hoover and his family all use Winchester brass in their 1,000yd guns. That's gotta tell ya something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe that Winchester only makes 284 Win brass, not 6.5x284.

VH

I have a lot of both Lapua and Norma 6.5-284 that I use in my 6mm-284, they both weigh virtualy the same my load is interchangable between the two and the only difference I can really tell is when I neck turn for my tight neck chamber, the Lapua is tougher.
B

Id be surprised if midway actually has any.

there is a plac in canada that has some, but it was over 70$US/100

Lapua discontinued the 6.5-284 brass for a bit and was SUPPOSED to start production and have it in country again near the end of Feb

call Amy Bruno at 800-455-0350 and she will fill you in.

JB

My last purchase of Lapua 6.5x284 brass was from midsouthshooterssupply.com. According to their web site they will be backordered until 4-15-05.

Apparently there is a supply problem.

VH

That is a bummer...Sinclair says till begining of march and then they should have some...Hmmmm

Joe

Guess we have to wait it out. If wait is too long I guess we can always use Norma

Thanks for the replies

Joe

I also need to buy 6,5-284 brass.

I have been shooting a 6,5 x55 with both norma and lapua cases; some of the norma ´s primer pockets were or had become so wide that the primer just fell off¡¡ I cannot really tell if there had been high pressures affecting the cases because I got them second hand, but......

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Canada to get Norma or Lapua brass. If not which is better between the lesser grades of brass (winchester, remington, etc..)?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.