Magazine Boxes for 338 Lapua

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 284stak, Mar 14, 2008.

1. 284stak

284stak Well-Known Member

Have ordered a Stiller 338TAC action for a 338 impLapua build. Jerry was mentioning that an easy way to go on the magazine box, is to use the 378 Weatherby magazine box/bottom metal. Does anyone know how far out I could seat using this magazine box? My other thoughts were to use the HS precision DM which would allow an OAL of 3.670, or the Wyatts DM system. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Seekins Precision

Hi Glen Seekins at seekinsprecision will be releasing a detachable unit next month they will handle a 3.900" loaded cartridge they are the best I have seen and he will have them available next month on tne 14th.

Cheers Bill
    Australia

3. bradtothebone

bradtothebone Member

deleteeeeee meeeee

meeeeetooooo

4. 284stak

284stak Well-Known Member

Wild Bill
    Thanks for the heads up --- Will give them a call to get more specifics. Have ya heard approximate cost?

5. mattj

mattj Well-Known Member

From Seekins DMS taking orders - Sniper's Hide Forums:
    Too late for the special intro price now, I believe, but you can still order one at regular price :)

Hope that helps.

-Matt

6. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Guage just announced he has them for sale now too.

you can go to 6mbr.com and they have a blog on the Shot show where they interviewed him and he shows it.

BH