338 Lapua Magazine Box

elkregulator

Hey guys,
I have a quick question for anyone who a built a 338 Lapua.
I am currently building one with a Wyatts Magazine Box and standard BDL bottom and wondering if this was sufficient or if I should go to the Badger Ordnance Detachable Magazine? I really have no need for a detachable magazine, but I remember reading about someone having trouble feeding the Lapua cartridge before going to the Badger Bottom.
Has this been anyone's experience? Recommendations?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge

I haven't heard of issues with the Wyatts. The usual quick fix is to put an empty case in the mag and lift it up from the neck through the tangs in graduating steps until the rounds will feed reliably. This widens the tangs so the round can come up into the chamber. My HS mag had the same issue and this is how I corrected it.

As far as the Badger mags, they have had no issues as far as I know. That's not to say they never have but, not to my knowledge. As is all of their poducts....top shelf.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.