Magazine box question

I need to install a extended box, to be able to get oacl and use my 700 as a repeater. Just wondering what yall suggest and how difficult would it be to put in my laminated stock myself. Thanks

fitting the new box to the stock is the asy part the little bit of machining to the action is gonna be the tricky part unless your have a mill or do like a guy did to my latest action and take a dremel tool to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Wyatts Outdoor extended boxes are great but do, as JD said, require the use of a Mill to open the cutout. The bolt stop has to be altered also.

JD, I thought, from your wealth of knowledge, that you did your own gunsmithing.

Hey Doc , at my old job they allowed me to use their tooling when I was off the clock so I did my own stuff and some work for a few friends. But now I work for NASA and they don't even like to be talking about guns at work let alone working on parts!!
I'm not exactly sure what the prior owner was trying to do to make the mag longer on the gun I mentioned but he tried to cut and squeeze the mag box and he got after the feed ramp area with a grinder of some kind.

I plan to get a buisness up and running one day but now after this last hurricane the permit office wants me to make all new buildings 7 feet higher. I just have to figer out how to setup machine shop in a building thats on pillings.
I guess the dream will have to wait a little longer

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.